Renters often have to move homes frequently, which can make it difficult to find window treatments that will last. Here are a few cost-effective and stylish options for renters:
- Shop savvy. When shopping for curtains, buy longer panels than you need. This way, you can hem them down to fit your windows, or even re-hem them when you move to a new home. You can also save money by shopping during sales or using coupons.
- Add a custom touch. Even if you buy store-bought curtains, you can add a custom touch by playing with the hardware or using decorative trim. This will help your curtains look more unique and stylish.
- Make your own drapes. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can even make your own drapes. This is a great way to get curtains that are exactly the way you want them, and it can save you a lot of money.
No matter which option you choose, make sure the window treatments you select are versatile enough to work with a variety of décor styles. This way, you can easily update your look when you move to a new home.
Here are some additional tips for renters who are looking for window treatments:
- Choose neutral colors and patterns that will complement most décor styles.
- Avoid heavy or bulky curtains that can make your space feel small.
- Hang curtains high and wide to create the illusion of taller and wider windows.
- Use sheer curtains to let in natural light and add a touch of privacy.
With a little planning, you can find window treatments that are both stylish and functional for your rental home.