With stores flooded with diverse window covering options, it can be quite a challenge for a customer to understand and decide what is best for him. A person can choose from shades, blinds, curtains and drapes, shutters, window coverings, etc. depending on what the need and purpose is. Some of these come in motorized versions that have certain definite advantages over the rest.
To start with let us understand what window shades are and how they are different from other window coverings. Shades are the best for standalone window treatments and they can be installed in combination with other coverings like window blinds or curtains. Shades are most preferred in their motorized versions that ease out handling. They are the ideal choice with homes with children and are certainly way more impressive than their counterparts. Some outstanding features of motorized shades are:
- Motorized versions come with wireless and remote control options, allowing you to control the light.
- You can use timers to program the shades to open and close at designated hours.
- Also you can opt for sun control versions that automatically close when external temperatures rise and vice versa. This helps conserve energy and brings down energy costs.
- They do not have any wires or cords attached and hence are free from the danger of children or pets getting entangled and injured.
- Motorized control does not involve physical handling of shades, leading to less wear and tear that arises from manual control.
- They act as a great security measure as they can be programmed to shut when you are away from home and open when you are in.
You can always call for a free consultation and demonstration from professionals to help you decide.