Although most people feel they can save money by installing new window treatments, in the long run, these kind of cost cutting can actually get you in trouble. When improperly measured and installed window treatments can look terrible, to a point where you might actually have to buy new ones. Serving the Greater Toronto Area with only trained professional installers who work only with window treatments, and delivering you the most attractive possible results, here is what we suggest you do.
What You Need to Know Before Purchase?
Even before you begin shopping for your window treatments, consider the following:-
- Understand how to make use of the space in the room – Determine the focal point in the room. For example if you are considering decorating the living room, it could be the window with a view. Once you understand the amount of attention you want your treatments to get, you will be able to determine which window treatment work best for your space and with what lifting systems.
- Think about the color combination of the room – Color can go on the wall of the window treatment or both. The more colors used in a space, more confusing and busy the space will be. One simple trick is, if you have a window with a view, let the view decide the color. If the window falls in the bathroom, which faces the brick of the neighbor’s wall, give it the same color.
- Be sure to work with a trained consultant before buying – Only they can help you get the right treatments within your budget. They will study the architectural attributes and suggest accordingly.
Call in the Professionals
Well, now you have planned your game, and have done most of the prelim work. A professional installer sees problems that you might never have seen or thought off before. For example, the window treatment you selected cannot be installed inside the window frame, owing to lack of depth. Here are a few other reasons, to be sure to use a professional installer when it comes to window treatments.
What You Can Expect from a Professional Installer
- Will be specially trained in his field
- Will hold a wealth of knowledge and skill on window fashions
- Will make sure the treatments work at their best
- Will give you guarantee for their work
- Will notice and take into consideration the architectural features like doors, radiators and moldings
Lerner Interiors is a service-oriented business that specializes in custom shades, draperies and blinds. If you are ever in need of any kind of help, feel free to get in touch with us. We will be more than happy to have your home adorned in the most chic and wonderful way just for you.